As a pioneer in Array Analytics and the originator of a whole new technology field, Array Databases, rasdaman substantially contributes to standards in the field:
rasdaman implements OGC WCS Core and all extensions. It is official OGC WCS Core Reference Implementation.
- Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC): Since several years, the rasdaman team has taken lead in the advancement of geospatial data and service standards. The engagement of Large-Scale Scientific Information Systems Research Group and rasdaman GmbH is manifold:
- Coverages Domain Working Group (Coverages.DWG), co-chair: Peter Baumann
- Web Coverage Service Standards Working Group (WCS.WG), co-chair: Peter Baumann
- Big Data Domain Working Group (BigData?.DWG), co-chair: Peter Baumann
Further, Peter Baumann is editor of 12 adopted standards and several candidate standards in OGC.
- ISO TC211 is adopting the OGC coverage model crafted by the rasdaman team.
- INSPIRE is adopting OGC WCS.
- ISO/IEC JTC1 SC32 WG3 (SQL) has decided, on our initiative, to enhance SQL with array functionality along the proven line of rasql and its underlying Array Algebra, elaborated by the Large-Scale Scientific Information Systems Research Group and rasdaman GmbH.
Further, we are busy in: